Friday, December 23, 2005

Figgy Pudding

Work has been ca-razy, kids. So, my apologies for the lack of postage. The AWESOME news is, though, that with the year end bonus I got from my job, I was finally able to buy a new computer, which should be arriving any day. That ought to make posting a heck of a lot easier. Hooray!

As many of you know, my family is not religious. That being said, we have always celebrated Christmas. This year will be no different, though I have to say that it's so much more fun now that we have munchkins in the family. Cooper is too little to really appreciate it, but Connor gets very excited about Santa.

Years ago, my love of the holiday seaon was restored by apartment-mate Jerusha's infectious enthusiasm for all things yule. As you may know, the second, (or is it third?) verse of We Wish You a Merry Christmas talks about eating "figgy pudding." Since I didn't know the rest of the words in the verse, I would just dance around the apartment singing "Figgy pudding figgy pudding figgy puuuuuddding, figgy figgy pudding" to the music. Ever patient Janet would finally sigh, "Meg, please. Sing something else."

Even Elana, my all-things-Jewish guru who would light the Hanukkah candles in our apartment, got seriously into the Christmas music. I recently saw Good Night, and Good Luck, and when someone quips that Murrow's buddy Fred Friendly is Jewish, Murrow retorts, "Well, don't tell Fred that. He loves Christmas." It reminded me of Elana.

This is all just a way of saying that, whatever holiday you celebrate, if any, I hope it's an especially happy one. It's been a big year in the world, and in my own little personal world. Not only will this be Cooper's first Christmas, but Anhabelle and her Dave welcomed a little baby boy - Ben - this month. He has a blog. Check it. It's not only his first Hanukkah and Christmas, it's his first month. Devon the Duchess of Devonshire, who may recall my ear-splitting "figgy pudding" refrains welcomed her son Noah this month too. P & E's little girl Rebecca will be celebrating her first Christmas. And it's Kate and Bart's last Christmas where they aren't married.

In other news, Philly is off to Belgium and Engulund this week. Poker buddy Rajeev finished his first semester of law school. Lauren and Janet are both home for a brief respite.

And as for me, I am off to my folks to drink coffee, read the paper, and do my mother's bidding.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend, and lots of hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment