Friday, August 12, 2005

Home again, home again

Well, the good news is, folks, that I have found an apartment that is to my liking and the landlady decided she'll let me live there. I sign the lease this Sunday. It's a real load off.

I'll be moving at the end of the month to fair Nutley, home of the Pizza Wars, American Bistro, a good steak, my favorite pedicure place, and two shakes from Montclair and Clifton Commons. Sigh. Life is good.

The apartment is on the second floor of a house, it's just my apartment and the one below. I'm pretty pumped. In fact, I think this calls for a playing of favorite happy song, "Ray of Light". I haven't lived in a house since I left college, and needless to say, a house has charms that a building sometimes lacks. Anyway, the new place has two bedrooms, a large kitchen, a utility room (with washer/dryer hookup!), living room, and an enclosed sun porch. Plenty of room for me and Mr. Abbott. I hope that the next time I move, it'll be into my very home. Preferably this one. Ha ha! Kidding, of course, it's much more likely that in order for me to buy property, I'll have to live here. Or here. Then again, I don't think the humidity and heat of Vicksburg, Mississip would go well with my delicate Irish constitution, and I definitely have too much crap to live in a cardboard box.

So, in lieu of buying anything in the near future, you can find me in Nutley.

No comments:

Post a Comment