Thursday, March 30, 2006

You're out of luck in the soup department

Last night Wendy and I watched a repeat of Scrubs from right before Turk and Carla's wedding. JD goes to visit Tara Reid and finds out that she is dating the dude who played the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld. But the guy won't say the line, so JD tries to trick him into it.

JD: What was that line that he always said? You're out of luck in the soup department?
Soup Nazi: No soup for you!
JD: Ha! I knew it!

My friends, I am so out of luck in the soup department.

My co-worker K and I made reservations two months ago for Per Se. Our turn had finally come - this Saturday was to be the day. The only small problem? Our reservation was for 4 and we were down to 2. No biggie, right? Wrong! Per Se will not allow any change to the reservation. Downsizing to 2 people is the same as cancellation. Mad dashes to find two additional people have proved fruitless.

So I am sorry to say - no soup for us, or any other Thomas Keller goodies for that matter. Perhaps another time. I'm sorry I won't have an insanely long blog post for you on by ridiculously expensive meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment