Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Konichiwa, Bitches!

Are you detecting a theme here? Anyway, I watched a very funny episode of Chappelle's Show last night and I learned that the new season starts May 31st. Do you remember the days when there was nothing on TV in the summer time? Bless cable's little heart for keeping me from reading a book.

Dave Chappelle is clearly hysterical, but he frequently makes me laugh out loud when he acts like a nerd. He did a sketch about slow motion and how everything looks cooler in slow motion, especially being in a club. The ensuing scene had him getting jostled and yelled at by everyone in the club.... I suppose it strikes a chord with my nerdy self.

Of course, the highlight of the episode was the Racial Draft sketch, in which every race drafts people who are biracial.... or otherwise. Wacky hijinks and crass racial stereotyping result. The Black contingent chooses Tiger Woods ("Goodbye fried rice, hello fried chicken!") The Whites choose Colin Powell, but the Blacks make them take Condoleeza Rice too. And the Asians select the Wu Tang Clan. Oh so funny.

Anyway, it's interesting and completely understandable to me that Chappelle's Show is the number 1 selling television DVD of all time. I really ought to go buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment